Monday, April 8, 2013

Egg Bacon Casserole~A Perfect Breakfast for the Entire Family

I finally came up with a great way to serve up breakfast for everyone!  My boys have been eating an arm and a leg, not to mention my little girl has been eating just as much.  So, cereal was out.  But after getting up every morning to make eggs, toast, fruit....yeah, I didn't really care much to be rolling out of bed to cooking, since the kitchen is where I spend most of my day doing just that.  I combined about 2 1/2 days worth of making eggs for 15 servings~I took into account that the hubby eats 2 each day and there are a few left over going into the 3rd day, so I can always eat oats or something else and let the kids eat the casserole.

Here it is and oh so simple to make:



You will want to spray your pan before you begin.  I used olive oil spray.

I started out using an electric blender to whisk the eggs.  Then, I combined the milk and added the cheese.  Add your salt and pepper.  Pour the mixture into your prepared oiled 13x9 dish. 

Next, you can add your bacon bits or whatever meat you prefer.  In the picture above, I used turkey sausage.  I love adding the bacon bits on top instead of the mixture~you can taste more of the bacon flavor by doing this.

Stick it in the oven at 340 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. 

Here is the Recipe:
Egg Bacon Casserole

16-18 eggs
1 cup milk (any preference-we like unsweetened coconut milk)
1 cup shredded cheese (whatever your preference is with eggs)
a dash of white pepper (I love using this because I can put in this spice without the kids turning up their noses to black peppery specks in their food)
a dash of salt
1/4 c. bacon bits or 1 serving of your choice of cooked meat

Oven 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment